Saturday, June 9, 2012

My Struggle with Bell's Palsy...


First things first…

I'm sorry you are suffering from Bell's palsy and I wish you a complete and speedy recovery!

You might be asking yourself why I'd start my blog with such a statement.  Well, chances are pretty good that if you are visiting my page you likely suffer the affliction or are writing a paper on the subject.  I say this because the masses seem to be oblivious to the fact that the condition even exists...even doctors don't know much about it.  

I'd like to state that this blog is strictly a journal of my personal feelings, opinions and experiences.  It should not be taken as medical advice as I am not a medical professional.  With that said, I hope you find hope, strength and support through the writings I share here.  Bell's palsy is a tough road to travel and it's nice to know you aren't going it alone.  

Many of the initial postings were written previously.  I promised myself closer to the time of onset that I would share my journey with others and have failed to do so up until this point.  Well, here I am making good on my word.  With no further ado…enjoy.

Me before Bell's palsy
Me with Bell's Palsy
(3rd trimester of pregnancy)

-Belle Story

No comments:

Post a Comment