Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bell's Palsy - Day 34


(Originally written 04.29.12)

So, it was day 7 that I started vloging instead of keeping a consistent written diary.  I liked the idea that vloging allowed me to see subtle behavioral changes.  Particularly, how my mouth moves when I talk or the extent to which my face pulls towards the healthy side.  I have to admit I look "rough" in these videos.  Getting spiffied up just isn't high on my to do list these days.  Ha!  I dread getting anything in my "slow" eye!  Sorry, my self diagnosed ADHD has me wavering from the actual subject matter of this entry.  My initial intent was to document my journey on a day by day basis either via written logs or video logs.  I quickly determined that to be too exhaustive and a little unhealthy in all honesty.  I began to feel as if I was letting the "Bell's" take hold of my life.  You just cannot do that if you are going to retain your sanity.  Mining for the smallest change on a daily basis became depressing.  My changes have been so subtle or nominal it cannot be seen with the unaided eye.  By unaided eye...I really mean...period.  To date I have had no change in terms of voluntary movement.  Ack! 

I decided it was much healthier to update on a weekly basis.  I've held pretty true to that.  This also allows for the possibility of more change for comparisons.  I haven't created a YouTube account, yet.  That day will come.

I've also decided that I'll choose my medium based on how I feel for the most part.  Like today I got the urge to write a bit...so, I'm doing that until my lil' pea-picking heart is content.  

As of late, I wonder when my luck will change.  I even went so far to buy a Mega Millions ticket a few weeks ago - it was a formidable attempt that gained me nothing more than a worthless piece of paper.  See I figured with the chances of me getting Bell's and having Nutcracker Syndrome...I should win the lottery easily.  My brother quickly informed me, "Sis, you don't have the right kind of luck!"  He was right...for now.  My luck is gonna change!

Just not yet...

You see Thursday morning I rose ealy to work a little and send off some e-mails before starting my day of "therapy" appointments.  I noticed my foot had fallen slightly asleep, but didn't think much of it.  When I arose from the chair I was sitting in I made a conscious effort to move slowly because of this foot issue.  I got up just fine, but then I went to make that first step to the side and that dern foot just wasn't willing to comply.  The leg moved the foot didn't subsequently leading to me stepping down on the ankle and feeling my entire body start to fall to the right.  My first reaction was to hop upward to realign myself; when I did I just came down harder on that foot and ankle that was rolled inward and I immediately fell to my tush.  I heard all kinds of loud cracks and pops and boy did it ever hurt. I was glad I didn't fall on my belly and hurt the baby!  I went to the doctor for x-rays and thank goodness it wasn't broken, just sprained.  Could you imagine me in a cast with Bell's Palsy giving birth in 4 weeks? So, so sad.  He said he would normally put an individual with a sprain like this in a boot; however, he felt that to be unwise in my case.  I agreed.  

The icing on my cake is the fact that I have 4 or 5 little stretch marks developing.  I thought I just might be lucky and make it through this pregnancy (my first) unscathed...especially considering everything else I've had to deal with.  I was wrong.  Again, the icing on the cake.  Nominal...but...geez..  I think I've satiated that craving for writing for now.  Hope I don't bore you guys too badly with my jibber jabber.

-Belle Story

No comments:

Post a Comment